Monday, July 29, 2013

My other obsession!

So other than my obvious love affair with fabric, I have another one:


BOOKS! Especially ones about sewing, crafting, detective-ing, holidays, food... so pretty much everything. I picked this one up used at local Old Firehouse Books. I wish they had a larger variety of used books, not so many new. I can get new books anywhere, but a good selection of gently loved pages? Harder to come by. But oh well. Books are books. I will take them! This book gave me some great ideas for making some holiday themed quilts, to use up and actually showcase my favorite Halloween and Christmas prints. The other book in this series is only holiday themed, but is equally adorable and accessible.


I also picked this one up off Amazon. That's like saying I shop at Walmart, huh? It's soo not hip or cool or local. But it was cheap and it was late and I wanted it. And now I have it. And one thing it does really, really well is make me feel better about my sometimes-not-perfect stitches. I thought I was the only one! So I really enjoyed this one. 

AND did you notice my single spacing? It's beautiful, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment